Renters Insurance Information
Florida Renters Insurance
Customized Coverage for All Sunshine State Residents
As a full-service, independent agency, Iten Agency is committed to providing every Floridian with custom-tailored, personalized insurance benefits to protect them in all walks of life. We provide the services of a large company while still offering the personal touch that helps us truly connect with our clients. Our promise is to deliver every customer the world-class services they deserve.
Because of the highly competitive nature of the Florida real estate market, you might decide that renting your home is a much better financial decision compared to buying a property outright. However, you still must protect your investment by enrolling in a quality renters insurance policy. It will provide you targeted benefits without burdening you with coverage designed solely for homeowners.
Keep reading if you want to learn more about renters insurance, or if you’re ready to get covered today:
- Call us at 954-680-0360
- Request your Free Renters Insurance Quote Online Now
Common Renters Insurance Questions
Renters insurance is much like standard homeowners insurance, only it is designed for those who lease their homes.
By renting, you are not responsible for certain property maintenance, upkeep and other financial responsibilities which instead fall to the property owner. However, you still own your possessions within the rental home, and you still have to take responsibility for your actions while living there. Renters insurance makes certain you have protection against unexpected challenges that might threaten you in your home at any time.
There are three primary benefits offered within the average renters insurance policy:
- Liability Insurance: Liability coverage applies to cases where the policyholder (the renter) causes harm to a third party. If you are at-fault for someone else’s bodily injuries or property damage, liability insurance can help cover that party’s losses. Coverage can also pay for legal assistance if you get sued because of the accident.
- Contents Insurance: Renters policies typically cover such personally owned items as furniture, clothing or electronics damaged by a variety of hazards, including fire & smoke, wind, hail & lightning, explosions, theft & vandalism, or water damage from burst pipes. So long as the policy covers the incident that damaged the items, you can insure almost any possession.
- Living Expenses Coverage: Sometimes, damaging incidents might make the home temporarily unlivable. While the home undergoes repairs, this coverage can pay for expenses like your hotel or dining bills.
You can further augment your benefits with more expansive options like:
- Personal umbrella coverage
- Scheduled personal items coverage
- Replacement cost personal possessions coverage
- Pet bite liability insurance
Often, you will find that your landlord will require you to purchase a renters insurance policy in order to remain in compliance with the terms of your lease. Generally, they will require you to obtain a minimum level of liability coverage. However, you are strongly encouraged to purchase higher levels of benefits that are more appropriately tailored to your individual needs.
Our agents know all the ins and outs of renters insurance. We’ll comprehensively compare the policies offered by our network of trusted carriers and direct you in the way of a policy that will provide you with the most tailored level of protection.