Association Insurance in Davie, Port Orange and Palm City, FL
Association Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Association Insurance Information
Condo association insurance, often called condominium association insurance or homeowners association insurance, is a specialized form of coverage designed to protect condominium complexes’ collective interests and assets. These associations manage and maintain common areas, shared amenities, and the building’s exterior. Understanding the intricacies of condo association insurance is essential for effective condominium management and ensuring the association’s and its residents’ protection.
What Is Association Insurance?
Condo association insurance is purchased by the condominium or homeowners association to protect the shared or common elements of the property and the association itself. Condo associations typically manage and maintain common areas, such as hallways, lobbies, elevators, parking lots and recreational facilities, in addition to the building’s structure and exterior. Condo association insurance provides financial protection for these shared assets and helps cover various risks associated with the management of the condominium complex.
What Insurance Do Associations Need?
Here are some key components of condo association insurance:
Why Do Associations Need Insurance?
Condo association insurance is essential for protecting the financial well-being of the association, its members and the property. It ensures that the shared spaces and common elements are adequately maintained and repaired in case of damage or loss, and it safeguards the association against legal liabilities and lawsuits. Condo association insurance is typically paid for through association dues or fees collected from condo owners, and it is a crucial component of effective condominium management and governance. Ultimately, condo association insurance provides peace of mind to leadership and unit owners, assuring them of financial resources to manage unforeseen events and protect shared spaces.
Contact Iten Agency to discuss your insurance needs. We can make coverage recommendations based on your specific situation.
- Property coverage typically covers the condominium building’s structure and common areas, including roofs, walls, lobbies, hallways, and shared amenities. It can also include coverage for common property like swimming pools, fitness centers and landscaping.
- Liability coverage provides protection in case someone is injured on the association’s property, such as a slip and fall accident in a common area. It can also cover any legal expenses related to these claims.
- Directors and officers (D&O) insurance may be included to protect the condo association’s board members and officers from personal liability if they are sued for alleged wrongful acts or mismanagement of the association.
- Fidelity or crime Insurance helps protect against financial losses due to embezzlement, fraud, or other dishonest acts committed by association employees or board members.
- Workers’ compensation is often required by law and provides coverage for work-related injuries or illnesses experienced by employees if the condo association employs staff.