Auto Insurance for Daytona Beach, Florida
Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Information
Many drivers encounter unexpected challenges with their vehicles. Whether it’s being involved in a collision with another car when driving or finding their vehicle vandalized, it’s essential to protect themselves financially with adequate auto insurance.
The Iten Agency has been helping Daytona Beach residents with their car insurance needs for over 50 years. We can help you get the protection that satisfies your needs and meets Florida’s insurance requirements.
What Is Auto Insurance?
Auto insurance is a contractual agreement you have with your insurance company. In exchange for your regular premium payment, your insurer provides coverage. Auto insurance coverage can help protect you financially and reduce high out-of-pocket costs related to repairing or replacing your vehicle if you have a covered loss. It can also help financially protect you against costs for which you may be liable.
What Does Auto Insurance Cover?
What is covered under auto insurance will depend on the specific coverages you’ve chosen to include in your auto policy. To ensure you’re sufficiently covered if you have a covered incident, you may choose from a variety of types of insurance:
- Liability insurance may help pay for the losses of the other driver and anyone else injured or harmed if you are at fault in an accident. The two main components of liability insurance include the following:
- Bodily injury liability coverage may help pay for third-party medical bills and sometimes for death benefits.
- Property damage liability coverage may help pay for damage to the other person’s property.
- Collision insurance may help cover the costs or repairing damage to your vehicle sustained in a collision or replacing your vehicle following a collision with an object.
- Comprehensive insurance may help pay for repairing or replacing your vehicle following a noncollision accident, such as weather damage, fires, theft, vandalism or other occurrences.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) coverage may help pay for medical expenses for injuries sustained in an accident, regardless of who is at fault. In addition, PIP provides wage replacement coverage and reimbursement for reasonable costs if you are injured in an accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance may help cover damages if someone who doesn’t have appropriate liability coverage caused an accident that resulted in bodily injuries or property damage to you.
Additional forms of coverage may also be available, including glass coverage, GAP (guaranteed asset protection) coverage or roadside assistance coverage. Call us to discuss your auto insurance needs and if you want to add any supplemental coverage for added protection.
What Are the Minimum Car Insurance Requirements in Florida?
Florida state law requires drivers to carry minimum property damage liability coverage and PIP coverage. Additionally, drivers must maintain continuous coverage throughout the registration period, even if the vehicle is inoperable or not being driven.
Although ensuring that your auto insurance meets Florida’s minimums for coverage makes you compliant and legally allowed to register your vehicle, it doesn’t mean you have enough insurance. We can help you evaluate your insurance needs and help you find a policy that satisfies Florida’s insurance requirements and fully meets your coverage requirements.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Daytona Beach, Florida?
The cost of your auto insurance policy may depend on numerous factors, including your chosen insurance coverage and limits, your vehicle’s model and value, your driving history and your past claims history. Each insurance company may use different variables to determine an auto insurance premium’s price. We can discuss with you what we evaluate in deciding our policy costs.
Do I Need to Wait for My Policy To Expire Before Switching to Another Insurer?
Generally, you may switch to another insurance company for your auto insurance policy at anytime. However, you should talk with your current insurer about their cancellation process and if there may be any fees for switching insurance providers. Each insurance company operates differently, so their cancellation processes may also vary.
We Can Help
The Iten Agency can help you explore the types of auto insurance coverage that may give you the best protection and meet Florida’s liability requirements for drivers. Call us today at 954-680-0360 to get your no-obligation quote.