Motorcycle Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Motorcycle Insurance Information
Even the most experienced and responsible bikers must account for the possibility of accidents and other incidents involving their motorcycles. After all, while these vehicles can make traveling the world enjoyable and exciting, they may also include significant levels of risk. Furthermore, your motorcycle represents a substantial financial investment. Given these stakes, responsible riders should prioritize understanding, acquiring and maintaining adequate motorcycle insurance.
How Does Motorcycle Insurance Work?
As its name suggests, motorcycle insurance can cast a financial safety net across many risks and perils that may impact you and your bike. These policies establish a binding agreement between you and your insurance company; as long as you maintain your coverage by paying regular (e.g., monthly) premiums, you may have access to funds and resources in response to covered incidents.
What Does Motorcycle Insurance Cover?
Like many types of coverage, motorcycle insurance policies may be customized to suit your unique circumstances, including needs, preferences and budget. Still, in many cases, these policies may consist of similar features as standard auto insurance, such as the following:
In addition to the aforementioned common coverages, you may also be able to augment your motorcycle insurance policy with additional financial protection, such as for custom parts, riding gear and roadside assistance expenses.
- Bodily injury liability coverage may help pay for financial losses related to third-party injuries for which you are at fault.
- Property damage liability coverage may provide financial aid if you are responsible for an accident that damages another party’s property.
- Collision coverage may compensate you for damage to your bike arising from colliding with another vehicle or stationary object.
- Comprehensive coverage may help pay for repair or replacement costs caused by incidents other than collisions, such as fires, severe weather and crime.
- Personal injury protection coverage may compensate you and your passengers for injuries sustained from an accident regardless of who was at fault.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage may provide financial assistance if another party is at fault for an accident but lacks sufficient insurance to pay for your losses.
Is Motorcycle Insurance Required?
Motorcycle insurance requirements may vary depending on your location. In the state of Florida, motorcyclists are not legally required to have insurance; however, riders must still prove financial responsibility in the event of an at-fault accident. Retaining motorcycle insurance is the most common way to meet this requirement.
Even in the absence of legal obligations, motorcycle insurance should be considered a top priority. Without adequate coverage, you may incur catastrophic out-of-pocket costs from accidents or lack the means to repair and maintain your bike.
Get the Right Coverage
At Iten Insurance Agency, our dedicated team has a history of service dating back to 1963. We work with motorists, businesses and families in Davie, Port Orange, Daytona Beach and throughout Florida. We will apply our extensive knowledge and experience to ensure you have adequate financial security while enjoying your motorcycle. Contact us today to get started.