Homeowners Insurance Information
Coverage in Davie, Port Orange, Daytona Beach and Throughout Florida
Customized Coverage for All Sunshine State Property Owners
As a full-service, independent insurance provider, Iten Agency is committed to providing every Floridian with custom-tailored, personalized insurance benefits to protect them in all walks of life. We provide the services of a large company while still offering the personal touch that helps us truly connect with our clients. Our promise is to deliver every customer the world-class services they deserve from their insurance provider.
The Florida real estate market is both competitive and very expensive, and no matter where you decide to build or buy a home, you want to protect that investment with quality homeowners insurance. Though the policy options on the market today are diverse, we’re committed to helping you get the policy that is most customized to your needs.
Keep reading if you want to learn more about home insurance, or if you’re ready to get covered today:
- Call us at 954-680-0360
- Request your Free Home Insurance Quote Online Now
Common Home Insurance Questions
Your residence is one of the most important purchases you will ever make. It requires a massive investment of your time, money and resources just to maintain, but the security you gain from living in a safe home is incalculable.
Still, you can’t ignore the fact that in an instant, everything you have worked hard to build could be threatened, or even wiped out, by a disaster. By being able to turn to your homeowners insurance for compensation for your losses, you won’t have to bear the brunt of these expenses alone.
There are eight general classifications of homeowners insurance on the market today:
- HO-1 (Basic Form Coverage)
- HO-2 (Broad Form Coverage)
- HO-3 (Special Form Coverage)
- HO-4 (Renters Insurance)
- HO-5 (Comprehensive Form Coverage)
- HO-6 (Condominium/Unit Owner Coverage)
- HO-7 (Mobile Home Insurance)
- HO-8 (Modified Form Coverage)
Each policy will vary in the benefits it provides. However, each has an overarching goal of helping you recover following unexpected challenges in the home. Whether a fire burns your property or a neighbor sues you because they fell in your yard and got hurt, your homeowners policy will be there to assist you with the financial incentives you need to afford your recovery.
Depending on the policy you choose, your homeowners policy can offer such benefits as:
- Structure Protection: This insures your house in the event of damage from fires, weather, theft, vandalism or other hazards.
- Detached Structures Coverage: Other buildings on your property – such as fences, carports, gazebos and detached garages - will have coverage.
- Possessions Insurance: This pays for damaged belongings. Protection might cover everything from furniture to food in the pantry and computer systems.
- Liability Coverage: If you accidentally harm someone else or damage their property, you can use this coverage to repay them. Coverage will often pay for incidents both on and off your property.
- Additional Living Expense Protection: Do you need to move out temporarily after household damage? Let this coverage reimburse you for expenses like dining or hotel bills.
Plus, because your property is unique, and often will require special insurance considerations, your homeowners insurance can be augmented with numerous additional perks, such as:
- Scheduled items riders
- Replacement cost value possessions coverage
- Umbrella liability insurance
- Pet liability insurance
If you’re looking for windstorm insurance or flood insurance, our agents will help you integrate these benefits into your policy portfolio. All coverage options will comply with mandates set by Florida law.
If you finance your home with a mortgage, you will likely be required to purchase dwelling insurance with coverage limits that correspond to your home’s replacement cost value. However, more expansive coverage limits are both available and recommended.
Our goal is to help you choose the home insurance benefits that offer you only the coverage you need—nothing more, nothing less. You never want to rob yourself of critical benefits, but you also don’t want to buy coverage that you realistically don’t need.
Our agents will work with you to expand your benefits in the ways that offer you the most effective levels of protection, but that won’t cause you to face a significant cost burden. Our promise to every client is to get them the policy that will be ready to help in them in even the most difficult situations.